Everyone wants to have great looking, acne-free skin. Keeping your skin free of acne will help you look and feel your best. Women and men in all age groups are affected by acne. Proper skin care is essential in removing and preventing acne.
- Where your skin is acne prone, consider treating it with tea tree oil. Used to reduce oil buildup, tea tree oil can be less drying to the skin than many other treatments, and is a more natural product.
- You should always avoid popping, or picking at, acne pimples. Squeezing pimples can make the problem worse by spreading the bacteria, causing more breakouts. It can also cause nasty scabs and scars that are harder to cover up than the zit is itself.
- Acne breakouts are also caused by extreme hot and cold conditions, so be aware of that when traveling outside. When it is warm outside, your body will sweat more. Sweating may clog the pores and could cause significant irritation. On occasion, it can cause acne. Cold weather can make your skin dry. Neither is preferable.
- Your acne-prone skin might benefit from a vacation from makeup. You may be tempted to cover up acne with make-up, but it clogs your pores. Staying away from makeup may clear up the problem.
- Stay away from situations that will stress you out. Stress might not cause acne itself, but it can make an existing acne case much worse.
- Getting some sun can actually help clear up your acne. Sunlight will help dry out your skin and remove excess oil. Your skin may get worse at first as the oil rises to the surface, making the acne worse. This will clear up after a few weeks and you should not experience breakouts as much.
- Changing your linens on your bed can have amazing effects on your acne problems. As you’re sleeping, the oil is transferring from your skin to your pillows and sheets. They can then get onto your skin again. Make sure that you wash your bed items often in order to avoid this constant transfer of oils.
- If you are having trouble getting rid of acne, make the switch to natural skin products. A large amount of products sold nowadays contain chemicals which are actually harmful to your skin and will only worsen your acne problems. This is going to result in more acne. The antibacterial properties of some natural treatments can help heal your skin.
- Most people don’t think of cell phones as a contributor to acne breakouts. Cellphones get deposits of facial and hair oils on them, and your facial skin picks these up every time you use your phone. Try cleaning your phone with a cotton pad dipped in rubbing alcohol. Don’t hold your cell phone against your face while you’re talking.
As was discussed, acne is seen in both men and women of all ages. It’s essential that you have a skin care plan that works for you, and follow it all the time.